From:
Cris Ramsdale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cris Ramsdale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 21:44:45 -0700

Hey y'all

I've received numerous replies and I really appreciate them all. It helps a
lot just to know that other people have experienced the same thing.

Everyone said they continued to have fatigue through at least the first year
of going GF...many continue to still have fatigue. I was reminded that I
still have a lot of healing to do, to give it time, be patient, and do my
best to help the process. The process sounds like it can be real trial and
error.

Many suggested getting my thyroid tested, which I have but I think I'll
double check the tests that were done.

Many suggested B-12 in various forms.

One person suggested L-glutamine.

Also suggested was D-Ribose
(http://www.endfatigue.com/health_articles_d-e/D-ribose-powerful_body_energi
zer.html) along with the book From Fatigued to Fantastic by Teitelbaum.
And with Armour Thyroid, Celtic Sea salt
http://thyroid.about.com/library/quiz2/blthyroidquiz.htm
(http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/)

Many people shared their stories of their trials, errors, pursuits, and slow
successes. Thanks so much. Again, it was so helpful to me just to know that
I am not alone. That helps me give myself more grace. I feel like an oddity
when everyone around me seems to have so much more energy than I do. It was
good to be reminded that's not the case.

It sounds like there is no one solution--everyone's body is different.
Sounds like my best bet is to get my blood tested for various vitamin
deficiencies, to possibly see a nutritionist, and to be patient.

Ciao,
Cris