From:
Latimer Kells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Latimer Kells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 07:27:54 -0500

Many thanks to all of you who responded to my request for people's favorite cocktails.  I have listed them as follows:

Screwdriver
Bloody Mary
Vodka & tonic
Gin & tonic
Rum & coke
Margarita
Vodka & cola or juice
Mai Tai
Champagne
Midori & OJ
Kalua & cream
Daiquiri
Malibu Bay Breeze (Malibu Rum [coconut], fruit juice)
Captain Morgan's spiced rum
Schmirnoff's flavored vodka (raspberry and lime flavors, especially)
Vermouth
Tequila & lime juice
Brandy & 7-Up
Cosmopolitan (vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, fresh lime juice)

The person who recommended the blood Mary said to be sure that real tomato juice & spices are used.

Another person warned that at a busy bar drinks may splash into one another (e.g. beer into your drink): be careful

Now I have another question:  What's up with whiskey?  One person said they drink whiskey & coke, another person said to avoid all whiskey.  Whiskey should be OK if they do not add gluten back after the distillation process, no?  Which brands of whiskey are safe and which are not?

Another person raised the issue of "cheap" brands of liquor and whether you trust the distillation process with such companies.  I have also heard it said that just because you ask for a brand name doesn't mean you're going to get it, but you'll certainly be charged for it.   This issue certainly muddies the waters.

Latimer