From:
Harriett Langdon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 13:26:38 EDT

Exec. Secretary, Dept. of Surgery
Phone: 588-5453

Very good topic.....how do we educate dieticians?  Our Louisville support
group has put on celiac disease seminars at the local hospitals and invited
hospital dieticians and any other interested personnel.  Next recommendation
might be to see if support group members coulk present talks to professional
dietetic societies..  Somewhere along the long we must educate the dietary
workers at the hospitals.  I was recently hospitalized for a week.
Dieticians came to visit me in my room at 4 different times, wrote all the
specs on the menu sheet.  But guess what, not one of the dietary workers read
the menu as every meal included bread, rolls, muffins, etc.  Finally I asked
dietician if they had GF bread.  She personally went to health food store to
buy the bread.  With education, all things are possible.