From:
James Doubravsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 1997 21:30:56 -0400

Dear Listmembers,
  On May 25,97 I posted this inquiry to the list. I received five
responces to this inquiry. Two of them felt that this condition possed
on problem. One quoted a book which related problems of Celiacs living
close to grain fields in the UK. Another related a farmer, a child, and
a baker that had to change there environment because of problems. The
last was from some one that had previously posted a question similar to
this to one of the professional lists. His summary of the responces that
he received were basiclly as follows. This is a difficult area and there
are more questions than answeres. It is generally believed that the
presence of offending grain particals in the air could thru the mucosa
of the lungs raise body antibodies "partictularly Iga, and posibly
others", but that it would not manifest its self in typical Celiac
fashon. The question of how this would effect the DH individual was not
address.
  The only conclusion that I can come to is that the information that I
have received is totally inadiquite to draw any conclusions. However I
did recieve enough to feel that the "question" is valid.
  The only reason that I have posted this to the list is that I feel
that this subject deserves more attention. If anyone has any more
information on this I would appreciate receiving it.
  My thanks to everone for barring with me on this.
          James Doubravsky,  Riverside, CA.