Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 07:45:26 EST

Hi !

First, let me apologise for my english, but I'm french and I didn't pratice it
(seriously) since I left school....

I'm a twenty six man... Two months ago I had a very bad episode with diarrhea,
nausea, abdominal pain... At the beginning, we thougt that it was a simlple
"gastro enteritis" (I try to translate !!!)... But... because I didn't have
any fever and about one month... they (the medical staff) first believe that I
have a Crohn disease : coloscopy, biposy... They found me an inflammatory
mucosa but a congestive one... inflammatory but aspecific ! Then they made me
a fibroscopy and they find a chronic antritis (inflammation of the stomach's
bottom) and an atrophy (level 3 but i don't know if is the same in France and
in other country) of duodenal mucosa. My villi are strongly reduced
(crypt/villi = 1)... So they propose me that it was going on a coeliac
disease... To confirm this diagnostic they order some antibodies tests and I
took date to see a nutritionnist to have a gluten free diet... BUT...
Before I met the nutritionnist I eat pasta, pizza, I drink beer... and if I
wasn't completly OK... I felt better....

I'd recieve my antibodies tests (antiendomysyum  IgA  and antiglyadin)
yesterday and they were NEGATIVES !

So... my gastro doctor told me that he didn't understand... an now I'm looking
for advices on villi's atrophy.... Except the gluten intolerance what kind of
pathologies can explain that...
Ahh... they didn't find anything strange in my ... euh, how to say that... so
they didn't find anything with a coproculture, and in blood tests I only have
an increase of lymphocytes (about 15 000) all others constants are OK...

If you know something about villi's atrophy...  please send me an e-mail

Friendly.... Pierre ([log in to unmask])