From:
melissa vener <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
melissa vener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:34:46 -0700

Hi all,
 I want to thank everybody for all the support & info on celiac &
neurological symptoms. It eased my mind to receive so many emails from so
many caring individuals who have experienced some of the same symptoms as I.

Almost all of the people who wrote me said that they too have had muscle
weakness, numbness, tingling, and balance problems when they were sick with
CD.

CD can mimic some of the symptoms as MS (and can even cause white matter in
the brain). Some people who were diagnosed with MS feet much better and
symptoms went away after going GF.

CD is an autoimmune disease so it is possible to have other autoimmune
disorders along with the CD.

It is good that I am going to a neurologist just to rule out anything else
that may be going on with me.

Some people said to check the symptoms of Peripheral Neuropathy which can
cause the same type of symptoms.

And EVERYONE told me to try not to worry and think the worst (very important
for me to hear).

I have a neurologist app. in May but as of today, I am completely going gf
again. NO CHEATING at all!!! I feel so stupid for even cheating on occasion
because I realize that it adds up. I could kick myself!  2 yrs ago when I
was diagnosed I felt so much better after going gf. That alone is proof that
gluten is one of my problems.

Thank you again and I will keep you posted with my progress.

Melissa in CA ")