Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 23:38:04 +0200

I have retitled this response to "the dumb baking question" , which isn't
dumb at all. I think we should all respect eachother's questions, as they
are asked in all sincerity and with an attitude of wanting a real answer.
Not all of us are chefs/bakers and the GF diet requires a lot more kitchen
talent than many of us thought we had in us - stretches our talents and
imaginations. So...

I don't know what kind of a climate the original asker of this question
lives in, or where the bulk of the listmembers live, but I live in a place
that is warm and humid most of the year. My solution, since our air
conditioner doesn't reach to every corner of the house anyway, is to close
off a room so that it gets pretty warm in there. I set the bowl with the
dough I want to have rise right near the window, which is also closed but
lets the light in. The bowl gets covered with plastic wrap and a towel.
Even if the sun doesn't hit the bowl, the heat in the room is enough to
make the dough rise. So far it works like a charm.
I would think this would be a good idea for southern Californians, Texans
and Floridians on this list, especially.

Good luck.
Sharon Marcus