From:
"Tammy L." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tammy L.
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2006 22:00:06 -0800

I have a question for you fellow celiacs--Have you heard of
many people having positive celiac blood tests (celiac
panels) and actually having a negative biopsy?  I have read
about negative blood tests and still getting a positive
diagnosis with a positive biopsy, but what about the other
way around.  I believe the blood tests are quite accurate.
Are there many out there that thought they had celiac
because of the positive blood test only to be told their
biopsy was negative?  Did you go on the diet anyway?   I
was told by a doctor that a child  can have just the
antibodies if the mother has it and not necessarily have
celiac.  Isn't this why screening is important?  Most do
end up with celiac.