From:
Wendy Burr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wendy Burr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:54:24 -0700

Thank you all for responding to my request for information about the Cheesecake Factory.  Here are the responses:

When I was there about a year ago I ordered an omelets or egg dish of
some kind, with potatoes.  It was good and I didn't have any reactions!

I order an omelet (they are huge) or a salad.  I believe the pork chops are
okey (not the apples)

Salad, and a warning to you.  I discovered when I went to a restaurant in Whistler, B.C. (Milestones restaurant) that not all hamburgers are GF.  I talked w/the server about various items and in the said, "just give me a plain hamburger patty."  He went into the kitchen and came back w/this huge label.  It was from the box of pre-made patties this restaurant served, and right there was wheat gluten.  That really burst my bubble I'll tell you.  I've eaten at the Cheesecake Factory in Seattle, I've had the pork chops and salad.
Good luck, it's so hard to pass that desert case!
Kim/Seattle

There are a number of safe things and they will accommodate changes.  I often order a chicken breast dish made with a balsamic sauce that is wonderful.  I order salads and have them leave off an ingredient that could be a problem.  Eggs are always safe.  They have a couple of things with Thai rice noodles.  I never have a problem there and have never gotten ill.  RC

I usually have a hamburger and mash potatoes and have not had a problem.

Wendy