From:
"Elizabeth B. Frierson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 01:24:17 -0400

Hello all -- No longer remember whether it was a post from here that made
me think of pizzelli (Italian waffle cookies) for ice cream cones, and if
so, apologies for redundancy.  Just wanted to report a success story, in
that the recipes that come with the pizzelle iron work beautifully with a
straight substitution of Bette Hagman's flour mix for the wheat flour.  I
made a form out of construction paper and tin foil, and cool the cone
_inside_ the form, a process best undertaken by those with asbestos
fingertips.  And now my son can have, "you know, mom, those things that are
round on top and pointed at the bottom and you put ice cream in them?"

We got the iron from the Williams and Sonoma catalogue.  The cookies are
incredibly (dangerously) good just as cookies, too.  The doughnut maker,
which I ended up returning bec. it was a lot of work for teeny doughnuts,
can be had from the Chef's Catalogue, number obtainable from 800-555-1212
(don't have a catalogue right now).  If anyone manages to replicate the
truly sinful Krispy Kreme doughnut which inspires both hate and love among
those who know it, do let me know, and maybe I'll give that gizmo another
try.

Now, where was that Stairmaster?

Elizabeth