From:
Deni Hansen-Gray Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 23:01:07 -0500

We would like to thank you for the overwhelmingly positive response to our
plea.  The responses were many and varied.  We have incorporated what is
practical for us and are using a combination of Program tablets to inhibit
development of the eggs, Frontline TopSpot applied externally to kill newly
hatched fleas, nightlight type sticky flea traps, borax on the rugs and
daily vacuuming to suck the adults and eggs out of the carpets and
furniture.  This combination seems to be keeping the population down, and
we hope it will eventually elimenate the problem.

I understand that for most people on the list, living with celiac is
difficult, but the occasional "whoops" can be tolerated.  Count your
blessings!!

deni (my wife) is an extreme reactor to anything and everything containing
gluten.  Her response is anaphylactic shock, full body convulsions, an
ambulance "hot run" to the Emergency Room, massive injections of
epinepherine and valium.  The ER docs know us well.  We have had to resort
to TWO stoves, TWO refrigerators, TWO pantries, TWO sets of dishes, TWO
sets of cookware, in order to prevent her exposure to even traces of
gluten.  We have not eaten out in years. It is only through our extreme
vigilance concerning anything and everything that enters our house and
comes in contact with her that she is alive today.  This is not only with
food, but toiletries, cleaners, make-up, the list goes on and on. We have
had way too many multi-week hospitalizations to not explore every resource
available to us, including this list - ESPECIALLY THIS LIST - in our quest
for answers.

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You!

Steve Weber

I want to know how God created the world.
I am not interested in this or that phenomenon,
in the spectrum of this or that element.
I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.

  --Albert Einstein--