Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:27:52 -0500

Between your responses and my own phone calls, this is what I have found:
In Wisconsin Dells:
The Kalahari Waterpark has a restaurant called Kahunaville which has a gluten free menu.  They faxed us the menu, which includes 22 items, mostly salads(minus the croutons), dips(minus the cracker or tortillas) or meat items(minus the bread, bun, sauce) and a few desserts.  It's kind of pricey (ie, burger with no bun for $9.90).  Someone said were very nice, and even used the gf pizza crust they had brought with them.
The Wilderness Waterpark has 5 restaurants/food vendors on site, and despite jumping through their automated phone hoops, I was unable to reach a person to inquire about gf food.  However, one person they said  stayed there 1 1/2 years ago, his wife spoke to the head chef ahead of time, they were ready for them when they arrived, and they had no problems.
Uno's Pizzeria in the Dells--right near the Wilderness-- that has a gluten-free menu.  Someone visited there as well as had take-out three times during their visit to the Dells last summer.  Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable.
Mexicali Rose Mexican restaurant--called ahead and was directed to a specific waiter who has celiac and was able to give some gf options.
 Wendy's--for baked potatoes.
 Denny's --someone  had good luck there--made sure to go at off times but the kitchen manager at Denny's came out and described what was made on each grill and what would be the safest.

In Lake Geneva, WI:

TimberRidge Waterpark Resort--2 restaurants - Smokey's Barbeque House (like a Chili's) and poolside food vendor called The Hungry Moose-both with a generous family friendly   gluten free menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner  including mac and cheese, pizza, & french fries.  Menus also include gluten free specialty items like buns, crackers, cereal, french toast made with gf bread, and use of gf sauces.    And at the waterpark, there are GF snacks (you have to ask for them though as they are not visibly out).

All waterpark's I talked to provided at least a mini-fridge and microwave as well.

Thanks to all who responded!
Dawn Pilney

EarthLink Revolves Around You.

*******