From:
Kris Platzbecker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:07:02 -0500

I just posted a question about McNeil's Children's Motrin not on their GF
list anymore and received an answer from them today.  They have changed
their "sweetner formulation" and the product has not been re-tested,
therefore, it had to be removed from their GF list.  They only list items
that have specifically been tested to contain gluten.  So, if anyone has
old, half used bottles of children's motrin-don't throw it away.  Only
worry about buying new ones off store shelves.  Someone also told me that
children's advil is GF and I called to verify. It is as well as the
pediatric advil drops.  So, we at least have a couple of ibuprofen
options.

Here's the full McNeil list as requested by a member:

As of 4/11/01:

Children's Tylenol Cold Plus Cough Chewable Tablets
Children's Tylenol Suspension Grape Flavored Liquid
Extra Strength Tylenol Caplets
Extra Strength Tylenol Liquid
Extra Strength Tylenol PM Gelcaps
Imodium AD caplets
Infant's Tylenol Cherry concentration drops
Lactaid Original strength caplets
Lactaid Ultra caplets
Maximum Strength Tylenol Allergy Sinus Caplets
Mulit-Sypmtom Tylenol Cold Medication Tablets (Complete Formula)
Sesame Street Complete Vitamins and Minerals
Tylenol Arthritis Extended Relief Caplets (Tylenol Arthritis Pain Caplets)

FYI:  I started all of this in the first place because I was checking on
the Children's Imodium liquid, which has not been tested for gluten.  I
found out that Children's Kaopectate IS GF...maybe this will help someone
out in the future!

Kris