From:
Barbaraalx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 21:47:22 EST

Hi all!

Thank you so much to everyone who responded.  There were so many of you.  i
really appreciated all the advice in this very confusing time.

First, I will never go back to that allergist.  I think he doesn't have a
clue.

Some of you suggeted that my son may have CD.  I am still learning alot about
CD.  He is definitely allergic to wheat...he has a crumb and he vomits
immediately.
He has been on a gluten free, egg free diet since he was a year old.

Eggs make him break out in hives, Peanuts cause hives and swelling.  I thought
CD was more of an intolerance than an allergy but I dont know.

Taking him off milk and beef cleared up his diarrea.  Goats milk works fine
for him. So far so good,  The rice and corn is a little hard to part with.

Some wonderful recomendations and suggested reading material that I received
were:

1. Alternative Approach to Allergies by Theron Randolph and Ralph Moss.
2. That i consult a nutritionist or go for the holist approach
3. Trying the elimination diet.  (I have to find more out about that)
4. Several resources including #1 - Hope you have the commercial Products
Listing from CSA/USA.  If you do not please order from CSA/Usa, Inc. p. o. ox
31700, Omaha, NE  68131-0700 - cost of $8.00 including postage  That is a big
help.

Also there is one put out by the Tri-County Group in Farmington Hills, MI
46335.  Write to TCCSSG - 34638 Beechwood Street, Farmington Hills, Mi 48335
it is $10 - they have just come out with the 97-98 version.

 Obtain a copy of Jax Peters Lowell's book, "Against the Grain".  It is the
only book writte by a celiac who has a fantastic sense of humor (which I am
sure you need at this point.  If you can't get it at your library, order it
from your book store.  It is invaluable to anyone with multiple allergies.
The resource chapter in the back is a wealth of information.

5. Adding extra vitamins

Thank you all again for all your input.  I didn't feel so alone with all your
age.  He has been though alot already.  i am thankful though that depsite his
allergies and his asthma he is a very happy child.  He has the energy I only
wish I had.

The hard part is getting him to try new foods especially fruits and
vegetables.  i finally got him to eat apples.

Thanks again.  Bless you all

Barbara