From:
Tim Kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 09:49:02 -0800

Hello,

Many people were grateful to have a way to address low thyroid symptoms even
though their tests come back “normal”.  It’s helpful to have this
information because the years of gluten can affect they thyroid.  I noticed
that in the first few weeks of going GF my voice became more normal – not
“gravelly”. In a ONE DAY gluten challenge it got gravelly over night…along
with lots of other problems. (That’s all the gluten challenge I could
handle!)

I’ve also noticed that too much soy, especially soy powders, is quite bad
for my thyroid. It was visibly enlarged until I got off soy powders but my
tests came back “normal”)

Interestingly one woman wrote:  “I don't have Wilson’s but I do have a lower
body temp than normal.  Usually,  I am in the range of 96.5 to 97.2.
However, since going on the GF diet
on Sept. 1, I have noticed that my temp is higher almost all the time -
usually right at 98.6.”

I also found another web site that is very helpful for understanding thyroid
issues, and this link includes an informative reference to Wilson’s:
http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/rothfeld.htm

People ask what product helped me. I take “Thyroid tissue” by nutripak. It’s
desiccated thyroid. I would suggest getting some simple thyroid support
(such as an herbal blend)  before trying desiccated thyroid. I would also
suggest trying to get someone to treat you, but that is not always easy…

Best of luck to all of you as we heal from the many effects of gluten
ingestion over the years.

Take Care,

Mary