From:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:46:11 -0500

I have had requests for the phone number of Royal Caribbean, so I am
putting in an excerpt from one of my emails.   Bev

My family and I went on the Voyager of the Sea to Bermuda this past July.
My daughter and her son and I all have CD.  We contacted the Special Needs
Dept of Royal Caribbean. Their phone number is (800) 722-5472, Ext.
34492.   We explained what our dietary needs were, and they assured us that
we would be taken care of by the head waiter and waiter on the trip.  They
were as good as their word.

At each meal in the dining room, we selected off the regular menu.  The
waiter would check with the head waiter and tell me what was gluten free.
If I had any questions, they were more than happy to get the answers.

As usual, there were many items I couldn't have, but there was always
something that I could have.  If we told them ahead of time, they even made
gluten free corn bread for each meal.  It was very good, but it did get to
be a little boring after a while, and dessert was almost always ice cream.
But then again, I'm one of those celiacs who is overweight, so just as
well.  I did not think to find out whether or not they would make me
anything if I brought my own mixes, but you could ask.  I don't think they
would since they have 3000 people to cook for each day.  Making one little
batch of cookies or bread would be a hardship.

A word of caution, we ate very carefully from any of the on board buffets,
if at all, because there were no special services for those.  But we did
have fresh fruit or salads or boiled eggs  for breakfast, and we always had
the option of having 3 meals in the dining room.

All in all, it was a comfortable trip and well worth taking.