From:
"Deborrah C. Szuch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 01:48:14 -0500

>...a good idea for me to repeat to this list the gist of what
>Karen in Central N.Y. wrote to this list on October 10th.  She said: I want
>to warn everyone that Arrowhead Mills corn puffs, ball shaped corn cereal,
>are not GF. I called and the rep. said that they weren't so I returned
>them.  It just proves that we can't go by what's on the label sometimes, as
>all that was in the ingredient list is corn." Later in a separate e-mail to
>me she also stated that when she returned the product the rep said that it
>was definitely NOT gf.

Excuse me, but this is confusing.  I called Arrowhead Mills after Karen's
post and asked WHY the corn puffs were not GF.  The rep stated that while
only corn is used in the product, it is puffed by another company and since
Arrowhead Mills has no control over the machine, they will not guarantee
that it is GF.  She did not state that it was definitely not GF.

From my experience with health food store reps, they are not reliable.  Has
anyone else contacted Arrowhead Mills directly and asked WHY?  Thanks.
Deborrah