From:
Martin Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 May 1998 10:56:24 +0100

To all subscribers to the list

When someone in the family is diagnosed celiac, at least one of us
starts investigating and sees connections to all sorts of things, most
of them unfounded. Perhaps this is because CD is so poorly known, even
in the medical profession. The danger is that a posting like this one
may create unnecessary anxiety among CD sufferers. Given this disclaimer
here goes my question:

My granddaughter was diagnosed three years ago and has responded
marvellously to the GF diet. A few days ago a cousin of hers died of
leucemia. And then my daughter (my CD grandaughter´s mother) discovered
that there has been an abnormally high incidence of leucemia in her
husband's family and possibly some occurrences of undiagnosed CD. It
appears leucemia is not hereditary.

QUESTION: Does anyone know if a connection between CD and leucemia has
been made?

I have tried to check this out on the net but most papers that would
appear to have something to say on the matter are far to specialized for
me to understand.

I will summarise all replies to this email: [log in to unmask]

Martin Harris