From:
Disease Newsgroup <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 23:50:07 EST

My almost three year old daughter has been diagnosed for a little over a
year. In that time I believe she has had two gluten reactions. With the first
one, she had loose light colored bowel movements three to four times a day.
This lasted for four or five days. She did not complain of any pain and
otherwise seemed perfectly normal. This is very consistent with her symptoms
before she was diagnosed. With the last incident, she had four or five bouts
of diarrhea in the first twenty-four hours. She had one loose stool and
vomited once during the next twenty-four hours. (That's where we are at now.)
She tells me that her stomach hurts right before she has a bowel movement.
She is also not eating much. Other than that she is her normal self.

My first question is does an individual's reaction to gluten differ from
incident to incident? Am I correct in assuming that both of these incidents
could have been reactions to gluten? Or is it more likely that possibly one
was a bug or something.

I have been trying to think of where or how she got gluten. How far back in
my memory do I go. A half a day before symptoms, two days, a week. I know
everyone is different but, what is the most likely time frame?

Any help is appreciated.