From:
Lindsay Amadeo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:06:43 -0500

Received this response today:

Thank you for contacting us with your question. We appreciate the
opportunity to provide information regarding grain derived ingredients
in Colgate Palmolive products.

The following Colgate Palmolive products can be verified as grain-free:
Afta Shave products, all variants
Ajax All Purpose Cleaner - Lemon and Ammonia
Ajax Cleanser
Ajax Dish Liquids - all variants
Ajax Laundry Detergents - Powders and Liquids
Cashmere Bouquet Bar Soap
Colgate Toothpaste, all variants
Colgate Shave Creams, all variants
Crystal Clean Stick Deodorant, all variants
Crystal White Octagon Lemon Dish Liquid
Dermassage Dish Liquid
Dynamo Laundry Detergent
Fab Laundry Detergents - Powder and Liquids
Fresh Start Laundry Detergents
Irish Spring Bar Soap, all variants
Irish Spring Stick Deodorants and Antiperspirants, all variants
Lady Speed Stick Deodorants and Antiperspirants, all variants
Mennen Speed Stick Deodorants and Antiperspirants, all variants
Murphy Kitchen Care - Liquid and Spray
Murphy Oil Soap - Liquid, Spray, and Paste
Palmolive Bar Soaps, all variants
Palmolive Dish Liquids - all variants
Palmolive Gel Dishwasher Detergent
Palmolive Ultra Powder - Lemon and Fresh
Softsoap Liquid Soap, all variants
Softsoap Shower Gels, all variants
Ultra Brite Toothpaste, all variants

Sorbitol is an ingredient which can be grain derived and may be found
in toothpastes. Our sorbitol is corn-derived.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We hope this information
is helpful.

Sincerely,

Colgate Palmolive Consumer Affairs

IMM/JMG