From:
Troy and Amy Budreau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:56:12 -0600

I recently e-mail the makers of Tylenol about the GF status of it.  I
was pregnant and that is the only pain reliever that can be taken during
pregnancy, but I had heard it was not GF.  I thought that since they are
the only one for pregnant women it would be nice if it was GF.  This is
the response I got from them.  I am confused though with the second to
last paragraph when it talks about the inactive ingredients.  Is this
inactive ingredients in all other products besides the ones listed or
inactive ingredients in general.  Can anyone help me--maybe I am just
reading too much into it, but would like some clarification please.

Thanks in advance.

Amy

The following products have been tested and do not contain detectable
levels of gluten:

Children's Motrin Oral Suspension
Children's Tylenol  Fruit Burst Flavor Chewable Tablets
Children's Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Plus Cough Chewable Tablets
Children's Tylenol Suspension Grape Flavored Liquid
Extra Strength Tylenol Caplets
Extra Strength Tylenol Liquid
Extra Strength Tylenol PM Gelcaps
Imodium AD Caplets
Infants' Tylenol Cherry Concentrated Drops
Lactaid Original Strength Caplets
Lactaid Ultra Caplets
Maximum Strength Tylenol Allergy Sinus Caplets
Multi-Symptom Tylenol Cold Tablets
Sesame Street Complete Vitamins and Minerals
Tylenol Arthritis Extended Relief Caplets

For the remainder of McNeil's products:

Glutens are naturally-occurring proteins found in grains such as wheat, rye,
barley, and oats, but are not found in corn.  The source of starch in our
formulations is corn.  Other inactive ingredients may be derived from a
source other than corn.

We are not aware of published reports associating the use of our products
with a worsening of symptoms in patients with celiac disease.