From:
Chris Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 1996 09:26:10 -0600

Hi everyone,

Not long ago someone mentioned they couldn't find gluten-free chicken,
beef flavored broth powder.  I have been using Frontier chicken, beef,
and vegetable broth powder.  I was told one year ago that these products
were all gluten free.  I called the company again today and was told
that they were indeed gluten free.  They informed me that tests had been
run to assure that they could make such a claim.  I did ask her if she
would send me paperwork on that fact.  She did send the info I
requested.

I use these in gravys with a little corn starch, as well as in soups.
These powders run approximately $8.85 per pound.  I purchase mine
through the Coop I belong to and get it cheaper.

Ingredients:  Maltodextrin (except in vegetable broth),  dehydrated
onion and garlic, corn syrup solids (vegetable broth only), salt, yeast
extract ("fermented from cane and/or beet molasses and are autolyzed by
enzymes under exacting conditions...don't confuse this product with
active yeast or nutritional yeast"), celery seed (in chicken and beef
only).  The vegetable broth also contains the following ingredients:
tomato, carrot, parsley, basil, celery, turmeric, spinach, kelp, and
bay.

The documentation also states: "No MSG, no fruit products. Gluten free
and does NOT contain any WHEAT, OAT, SPELT, KAMUT, RYE, BARLEY,
AMARANTH, QUINOA, OR TOMATO PRODUCTS [there is tomato in the vegetable
broth]".

Frontier                1-800-786-1388

Ask them to send you a catalog.  They have many interesting products. I
asked them to somehow identify all their gluten-free products in their
catalog.  She said she would run it up the flag pole.  If enough of us
ask, maybe they will.  Let them know you're interested when you call.

Barbara