From:
Daniel DuBravec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:46:37 EST

Q:  Is the CSA Regional Conference in Metro DC during the Cherry Blossom
Festival?

A:   Yes.  The National Park Service has announced that the cherry blossom
trees will reach peak bloom between March 24 and April 2.  The conference
is an
excellent opportunity to attend an amazing display of nature.   The National
Cherry Blossom Festival annually commemorates the 1912 gift to the city of
Washington of 3,000 cherry trees from Mayor Yukio Ozaki of Tokyo to enhance
the
growing friendship between the United States and Japan and celebrate the
continued close relationship between our two peoples.

Q:  If I wish to spend the night at the Sheraton, is there a special rate.
Yes...
     The room rate is only 89.00.

Q:  How do I order a case of gluten free beer?
     Call  845-369-7827....this is a great opportunity to try the beer and
the bonus is you
     don't have to pay the shipping cost if you attend the meeting.

Q:  I would like to hear the speakers but am bringing my 9 year old celiac.
Does he go to the children's activities by himself, or do i need to be there
with him?

A: We will have a sign up sheet for all parents to leave their cell phone
numbers, plus we will have volunteers attending all the children's sessions to
assist the children...so no need to stay with them..and they'll be right
across
the hallway.

***CSA/USA REGIONAL CONFERENCE, MARCH 27TH***
TYSON'S CORNER

CSA/USA Celiac Sprue Chapter #100
DC Metro Regional Conference & Dinner
March 27th   12:00pm - 8:30pm
Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner
8661 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA

Meeting Flyer can be downloaded at:  http://www.wifidoctors.com

Keynote Speakers:

COMPLICATIONS OF CELIAC DISEASE
Peter H.R. Green, M.D.
Director of the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University
Professor of Clinical Medicine at Columbia University, College of  Physicians
and Surgeons
"Mortality rates among adult Celiacs is about two to three times that of the
general
population.  In the first portion of Dr. Green's lectures, he  will be
discussing Celiac Disease's relationship to mortality rates, it's autoimmune
connection, fertility complications, and related neurologic problems."

HEALTH BEYOND CELIAC DISEASE
Margaret Gill, M.D.
Mayo Clinic and Foundation Rochester, Minnesota Department of Family Medicine
"Dr. Gill lectures on her personal experiences as a Celiac and how to master
the diet
--and follow it. She also provides medical guidelines for your health care
provider on
monitoring your health and also discusses other preventative issues such as
Cancer
screening guidelines (Breast, Colon, Cervical, Prostate, Lung and Ovarian),
Osteoporosis
and Immunizations."

GLORIOUS GRAINS
Anne Roland Lee, MSEd, RD, Nutritionist, Celiac Disease Center Columbia
University, New York
"Anne's research recently published in the American Journal Of Dietetics on
the
"Effects of the Gluten-Free Diet on the Quality of Life of Individuals with
Celiac Disease"
and her Nutritional Assessment Tools developed for dietitians to use while
counseling patients with celiac disease, provides for an insightful lecture on
nutritional concerns with an emphasizes on the nutrient benefits of the
variety
of grains available at the marketplace.

SPRING-TIME CUISINE: NATURALLY GLUTEN-FREE!
Glutenfreeda.com's chef, Jessica Hale
Explore delicious, wonderful naturally gluten-free foods this spring without
shopping by mail
order or hunting down those products that are sometimes, if not always,
difficult to find.
Glutenfreeda.com's chef, Jessica Hale, invites you into her "kitchen" to
share some helpful tips on how to enjoy living on a gluten-free diet. In this
class we will demystify a classic Italian dish and prepare a mouth-watering
springtime entree and dessert perfectly suited for your entire family or even
special dinner guests.
Reserve your spot in this fun and informative class today! (fee for cooking
class)
Contact Jessica Hale to register at [log in to unmask]

THE BASICS OF GLUTEN FREE BAKING
Lee Tobin, Whole Foods
In his lecture, Lee will discuss the basics of gluten-free baking, and give
an update on
the gluten-free baking program that he is developing at Whole Foods Market.
Conference attendees who are interested in attending a tour of the grocery
aisles at the local Whole Foods Market at 143 Maple Ave. East Vienna, VA at
10:00am before the sessions begin, please email
Lee at: [log in to unmask]

***CHILDREN'S PROGRAM*****

CHILDREN'S EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOP
Nancy Patin Falini, MA, RD, LDN
Author of "Gluten-Free Friends An Activity Book for Kids"
All children who register by March 15th and attend the workshop, will receive
a free copy of Nancy's"Gluten-Free Friends An Activity Book for Kids",
compliments of the CSA/USA Inc.

"Breakfast", "Lunch", "Dinner" and "Snacks"
Jessica Hale, GlutenFeeda.com
Chef Jessica Hale will discuss and prepare Kid's favorite foods

***SPECIAL PRESENTATION****

CELIAC CHICKS DOT COM
http://www.celiacchicks.com
Kelly Courson & Kim Danyluk
Kim and Kelly felt there was room on the World Wide Web for a site that was
informative and entertaining to help deal with the restrictions of celiac
disease, and make the sometimes difficult transition a little easier. It
really
doesn't have to be a drag! So, CeliacChicks.com was born as a way to share
their
discoveries and save you the trouble of trial and error. Learn about their
trials and travels at this fun, informative lecture.

****MORE!!!***

GLUTEN FREE BEER (yes, gluten-free beer from Ramapo Valley Brewery)

SHOPPING AT THE MEETING
Healthway Natural Foods
It's Healthway Natural Foods philosophy is to provide the local community
with the highest quality natural products, a friendly knowledgeable staff, and
great value without compromising integrity or quality. Shop at one of nine
locations in our area where you'll find only 100% certified organic produce
and a
variety of gluten free products.  Please take advantage of this opportunity to
discover and sample new Gluten Free products for purchase and to take home
from the meeting.

The CSA Gluten-Free Product Listing 8th edition-October 2003
For Sale at the Meeting...only 30 copies will be available.

Free Taste Testing of Gluten Free Products

GF DINNER

Mixed Greens w/candied Pecans & Cranberries
Dinner Rolls donated by Gluten Free Delights and Grandma Whimsy's Cupboard
Basil & Pine Nut Pilaf
Seasonal Vegetables
Grilled Herb & Balsamic Vinegar Chicken Breasts - Casein free
Teriyaki Salmon - Casein free
Steak Fajitas with Corn Tortillas
Chocolate Raspberry Pound Cake
Dairy-Free Carrot Cake
All Adult Entrees $29.95 (Earlybird Registration Price till March 15th)
Children Entrees $12.00  (Fajitas)

Contact CSA/USA Chapter #100 Chairperson for registration or more information
at
[log in to unmask] or 703-471-5047