Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2008 17:07:21 -0400

I have celiac.  My 6 year old daughter has been sick for the last 2 1/2
months.  Something has hit her all over---canker sores in her mouth,
extremely irritable-which is not her at all,  constipation, alternating diarrhea,
gas, eczema, stomach pain.  She had a positive bloodtest for celiac.  The
pediatric gastroenterologist did an endoscopy and biopsies.  The pathologist
checked for lactose intolerance which he said she does not have.  He did not
check for celiac because he said if the tissue looks healthy he does not
biopsy.  The gastroenterologist said her villi looked a little flattened.  Does
anyone know if it is typical for the pathologist to not check if the villi are not
flat.  I wish he checked anyway with the family history and the symptoms.
We are very frustrated.  The dr. put her on a laxative 2 months ago for the
constipation, but she had an xray of her abdomen last week and her whold
colon is still full.  Thank you