From:
Dean Pulsifer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 09:17:26 -0400

>My friend has been talking to me about celiac disease since her daughter now
>18 mths has been going for tests and back and forth to doctors concerning
>the following;

My daughter was short, had "loose stools" and was very whiny.  The doctors all
said don't worry about it or that she had "toddler's diarhea".  She never
vomitted or had stomach cramps.  We finally got fed up and went to an
endicronologist who did a whole series of blood tests which showed a positive
anti-endomyiasal test.  We had a biopsy done and it came up positive.  We have
still not had the second biopsy done, but she appears to be doing better after
4 months GF.  She is still whiny.

I would suggest having a biopsy done and then going GF.  A GF free diet can
help with some behavioural problems, but not all.

Dean A. Pulsifer