From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 19:40:20 EDT

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Herb Ox.  I needed to know if their new
bullion was gluten and soy free.  They said that the new ones were.
They also informed me that any meat containing product was under the
supervision of the USDA and ALL allergens had to be listed on the label
according to a law that was passed in 1994.  It seems that they are just
beginning to comply though (my observation) because the MSG in the old
packets contained gluten.

They said the FDA did not require it yet for
their packaged goods.  They also said the the ingredients
 that were acceptable under natural flavors were very few,
limited to spices, and spice oils.

I think this is great and perhaps a step toward what we need.  Carol in
NJ