From:
barbara lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
barbara lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:05:34 -0800

4. Olivia's Gluten-Free Bread (for bread machine)

3 large eggs (beat slightly by hand)

1 tsp cider vinegar (wheat free - ingredients)

3 Tbs. Canola oil

1 ¼ cups water (as hot as will come out of your tap)

Mix the above ingredients together, then place in bread machine pan.

Add together:

1 cup white rice flour                        2 1/2 Tbs. sugar

1 cup brown rice flour                        2 tsp Xanthan Gum

1/2 cup potato starch                      1/2 cup tapioca flour

1/2 cup dry milk                               1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp gelatin

Mix the dry ingredients together well and pour on top of liquid

(liquid should be in the pan).  Spoon in on top of the flour:

2 Tbs. butter (chunks of butter in several areas)

1 Tbsp active dry yeast  (place in center of pan on

                           top of flour - make a small hole)

I bake mine in the Zojirushi at the following settings:

Warm:  15 minutes

Mix:  18 minutes

Rise:  43 minutes

Bake:  55 minutes

Crust:  Medium

A few minutes into the mix cycle, use a spatula to scrape any flour

off of the sides of the pan and into the batter.  The dough tends to

bunch up around the beaters, so during the mix cycle I sometimes

use the spatula to even it out a bit.  Batter should be about the

consistency of frosting, and is VERY STICKY.  At the start of the

rise cycle, I use the spatula to even out the batter and give it a

smooth top before baking.

To be continued…

5. Bean Bread (for the bread machine)

Make a mix of:

1 cup light bean flour (I make my own flour by grinding small white

beans)

3/4 cup brown or white rice flour (I use brown)

1/2 cup potato starch flour

1 cup tapioca flour

2 1/2 tsp. Xanthan gum

1 tsp. salt

2 tsp. gelatin

3 Tbsp. brown sugar

Combine dry ingredients and mix well.

Mix together:

3 eggs

1/4 cup melted margarine or butter (1/2 stick)

1 tsp. vinegar

1 Tbsp. honey

1 1/2 cups water.

Put the wet ingredients in the pan first, then place

the dry ingredients on top.  Make a well in the flour

and add 2 and 1/2 tsp. yeast.

You may need to add a bit more water (a tsp. at a time) and stir when

it

first begins to mix to ensure that all the flour is combined well.

I bake mine in the Zojirushi at the following settings:

Warm:  15 minutes

Mix:  18 minutes

Rise:  43 minutes

Bake:  55 minutes

Crust:  Medium

A few minutes into the mix cycle, use a spatula to scrape any flour

off of the sides of the pan and into the batter.  The dough tends to

bunch up around the beaters, so during the mix cycle I sometimes

use the spatula to even it out a bit.  Batter should be about the

consistency of frosting, and is VERY STICKY.  At the start of the

rise cycle, I u

se the spatula to even out the batter and give it a

smooth top before baking.

6. Okay I am on a mission to help you!!! I have the same model as you do and have not had the same difficulty.  I promise all I do is hit the select course button.  I never have had to touch the time or cycle buttons.
I go thru the selections once I hit the select course button and go until I get to Homemade.  That's when it tells me it will be 2hours and 18 mintues.  It immediately goes to preheat once I hit start.
Let me know.