From:
Karen Broussard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Broussard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2011 10:49:37 -0400

I wanted to make sure you knew about a website I launched several years ago called GlutenFreeTravelSite ( http://www.glutenfreetravelsite.com ). It allows users to search and submit reviews of restaurants, bakeries, grocery stores, cruise ships, hotels/resorts (and now even colleges!) that accommodate gluten-free diets. Reviews are organized geographically to allow users to quickly and easily access the information most relevant to them, whether they’re looking for a place that offers gluten-free food in their neighborhood, or when traveling ( http://www.glutenfreetravelsite.com/search.php ). Users can either search reviews for a particular state or country -- or even narrow their search of our huge database of gluten-free dining and travel reviews to the town/city or zip code level. The results appear on a Google map, and they can click on any establishment to link to the user-submitted review.

We are proud to be the only REVIEW-FOCUSED website (not simply a directory-style listing) where people on gluten-free diets can get personal, detailed feedback on some of the world’s most accommodating places for gluten-free meals.  GlutenFreeTravelSite also provides more than the "same old" list of chain restaurants...most places reviewed are independent restaurants, stores, resorts, and inns/B&B's...”hidden gems” Celiacs may not have heard about elsewhere. Between the database of reviews and the dozens of national and regional restaurant chains with gluten free menus listed on our separate Gluten Free Restaurant Menus page ( http://www.glutenfreetravelsite.com/restaurants ), visitors to our site can find thousands of safe and delicious dining options.

We also have a MOBILE VERSION of our site that allows people to easily navigate our site from any smart phone when searching for restaurant options “on the go.” It is absolutely free to use and requires no downloading — when you enter the URL of our site from an iPhone, Blackberry, or Android-based phone, our site detects you are using a smart phone, and you are automatically routed to the mobile version.

We’re always striving to get more gluten-free review submissions of peoples’ favorite local spots -- or places they've traveled. As a fun incentive for people to submit reviews ( http://www.glutenfreetravelsite.com/submit.php ), we hold a MONTHLY CONTEST. We select a particularly helpful review from the prior month’s submissions, and we showcase it on our Featured Review page ( http://www.glutenfreetravelsite.com/featured.php ). The winning reviewer receives a free set of four Triumph Dining restaurant cards (one each for American, Italian, Mexican, and Chinese cuisines) to help communicate their gluten-free needs to restaurant staff.

We have several other helpful areas of the site, including a Blog ( http://www.glutenfreetravelblog.typepad.com ), a recently updated Travel Resources page rich with useful information ( http://www.glutenfreetravelsite.com/resources.php ), and a page of Articles ( http://www.glutenfreetravelsite.com/articles.php ) on gluten-free dining and traveling.

I hope you’ll find the site useful and spread the word to your GF family and friends! I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have and look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,
Karen Broussard
Founder, GlutenFreeTravelSite
Northern Virginia