From:
Maggie Jewett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:17:46 -0400

Hi:

After my post about the ANA test, I received several emails wondering
what an ANA test is.  So, I thought I'd post this to the list rather
than reply individually.  I didn't know about it either until my
physician ordered one.  I found a site on the web that described it as
an anti-nuclear antibody test for the detection in human serum or plasma
of anti-nuclear autoantibodies.  This is the web site:

http://www.scimedx.com/ana.htm

It is used to diagnose lupus, among other things.  I have learned that
approx. 10% of the population have  elevated ANA, but nothing else is
physically wrong.  The above site mentions IgG, which I though was
interesting.

I have already had several responses to my post which were very helpful.
I will summarize them soon.  Thanks everyone!

Maggie