From:
meg arteaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
meg arteaga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:42:19 -0700

Dear Friends,
        Many thanks to all who responded to my cry for advice
on remedies to be used to alleviate the symptoms  after I had eaten
untested chocolate fudge. I'm very happy to report that I did not have
the feared reaction. (I think I was paranoid after my bad experience
with acacia!)
        However I am delighted to have all the suggestions in case it
happens again
I will list them below.
        I'm also very happy to have this wonderfully sympathetic support group!
I wish you all a happy and HEALTHY New year!

Quotes:
  For the most part, the only thing that works is Tincture of Time,
however, I find that bananas are at least soothing to the stomach.  A
friend recommends papayas.

There's many useful advices at the Delphi CD Support Group Forum:
<http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start>http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start
Once you have loggin (it is free), just go to this message:
<http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=celiac&msg=16257.1>http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=celiac&msg=16257.1

I have been told that cardamom will reduce the symptoms.

See if you can find some Veratrum ALB

Some say peptobismol asap for 24 hours max dose helps.

I am a big fan of Nu Lev.  It is a prescription med for IBS symptoms
that dissolves on the tongue and works in minutes.  You do need a
prescription though so may not help in this occassion but could be
helpful in the future.

When my DH or son have a problem, we use 2 Charcoal capsules followed
1 hour later by 2 acidophilus tabs (recommended by our HFS and
works!) Also, Pepcid AC.  Yes, it actually works.

I find grapefruit or grapefruit juice helps.    A few Rolaids is a
good idea too.
Good luck

I use Phazyme (sp?) to alleviate the stomach ache

Meg. I use ex-lax milk of magnesia. It is gf and helps me. mike