Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:10:23 -0800

Since I received more replies to my "summary" than my original post, I'm
summarrizing these.  Thanks to you who responded, now I have some new
things on our list to try.

There should be clubs in your area. Call BP and ask for a list. You
would join or create a club and your group would receive a shipment once
a month. Call several different clubs, since they each operate according
to their own rules.

For info on a Blooming Prarie club near you: call 1-800-323-2131 or go
to: www.bpco-op.com There are also other co-ops, but I don't have their info.

From Beth at the GF Pantry:
> Just wanted to let you know that the Gluten-Free Pantry Baking Mixes are all
> available through BPW and we frequently put them on discount. I wasn't
> aware that individuals could buy through them. Now that I know, I will make
> sure we do more promotions and direct them to the celiac folks.

Two replies from BP members:

1.we order from Blooming Prairie are Pamala's Cookies (by the case),
wine and balsamic vinegars, San-J wheat free tamari, Arrowhead Mills
Rice and Shine, and we also got Barbara's Rice cereal and Pacific
("Products," I think was the second half of the name, not positive,
though) cereal called Nutty Rice. I quit eating Barbara's and Nutty Rice
because of what I believed was cross contamination, but many people eat
these packaged cereals without any apparant problem. We also get Edwards
and Sons rice crackers. We get numerous GF vitamin products from
Blooming Prairie which cuts the health food store prices anywhere from
1/3 to 1/2.

2.Following are some GF items that can be ordered from Blooming Prairie:
 Barbara's Corn Flakes JS
 Barbara's Rice Crisps JS
 Blue Diamond All Nut Thins
 Co-Op Apple Sauce Unsweetened
 DeBole's Rice Elbows & Cheese
 DeBole's Pasta's, Rice Only
 Edward & Sons Crackers
 All Ener-G Rice Breads
 Ener-G Pasta's
 Erewhon/USMills Rice Twice
 Frookies Choc. Chip Cookies
 Frookies Double Chocolate Cookies
 Frookies Peanut Butter Cookies
 Health Valley Apple Raisin Crisp Rice Bars
 Health Valley Blue Corn Flakes
 Health Valley Rice Crunch'ems
 Health Valley Rice Bran Crackers
 Health Valley Soups, Only GF Ones
 Jennies Macaroon's
 Lundberg Rice Cakes, Brown Rice
 Lundberg Rice Cakes, Brown Rice NS
 Lundberg Almost all other Rice Cakes - Check with Lundberg
 Lundberg Rice
 Pasta's Mother's Rice Cakes, Sesame
 Mrs. Leeper's Pasta's, Rice Only
 Nature's Path Corn Flakes, Honeyed, Eco-Paks
 Pacific Foods Cream of Mushroom Soup
 Pacific Foods FF Vegetable Broth
 Pamela's All Cookies except 33978
 Pastariso Rice Pasta's
 Perky's Nutty Rice
 Wasa Crispbread

Frozen Items:
 Food For Life Brown Rice Bread, FJS
 Food For Life Raisin Pecan Bread, FJS
 Amy's Stir-Fry, Asian Noodles w/Veg.'s
 Food For Life Rice Almond Bread, FJS
 Food For Life Rice Pecan Bread, FJS
 Food For Life White Rice Bread
 Van's Apple-Cinnamon GF Waffles

Following are some G-F items that can be ordered one or more:
 Arrowhead Mills Pancake Mix G-F
 Ener-G Four different baking mixes
 Ener-G Egg Replacer
 Ener-G Xantham Gum
 G-F Pantry Five different mixes.  More GF products are being offered in
March catalog.  Pamela's Two different mixes
 Various Many different kinds of fruit spreads
 Various Many different kinds of rice
I have purchased most of these products and have shared them with other
celiacs, but I don't recommend products since people's tastes vary
considerably.

Feb. 18-24
Visit my web site at:
www.NestEntertainment.com/KLSmith
and teach your child personal safety with Yello Dyno-
our child safety hero
(30% off of the Yello Dyno cassette power pack!)

And don't forget to enter the drawing for an animated
cel!