From:
Betsy Linn Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Linn Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:34:56 -0500

Listmates,

Shelley Case mentioned Injera bread in her post about Teff.  I wanted
to add a note--you can find the recipe at http://www.bobsredmill.com
in the recipe data base.  There is a recipe in a GF cookbook, I
cannot locate it now.  Injera is a flat pancake type of bread and
does well plain and can be used as a wrap.  It is tasty and
different.  I use it as a wrap for scrambled eggs at breakfast or
sandwich material at lunch.  You can make it ahead, stack it with
foil or waxed paper between the layers, and store it in the
refrigerator--I keep the bread for several days.

Caution:  Some folks make Injera with wheat.  Always ask.  We have a
local vendor at a farmer's market that makes it both ways!

There are a number of posts in earlier years related to Injera.
Bob's Red Mill is the fastest way to find the recipe.

Betsy
Austin, Texas