From:
Olivia Kogler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 10:05:24 EDT

Thanks to all you great friends out there you have responded to my ? re
candida.  There seems to be only one concensus and that is that candida is
the pitts.  Most often replied were no dairy.  I have not used dairy except
yogurt which is seems to be the recommendation of the "experts".  Also most
people seem to think that once you've got it you have to continue to "treat"
it forever to keep it from recurring.  That seems to be the case for me.  A
couple of people recommending joining the yeast listserv
([log in to unmask]) which I did.  From that list I have already
learned that you have to eliminate simple carbs but not all complex carbs as
your body will then try to convert proteins to sugar causing other problems.
I have to get answers from some of them hopefully on my confusion about
grapefruit.  Seems grapefruit is a candida fighter but yet you shouldn't eat
fruit.  ?  Will summarize again as I get more.  Thanks again to everyone.
You guys always come through.  Olivia in VA