From:
Amy Burkhart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Burkhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:03:14 -0500

Just wanted to relay 3 great restaurant experiences in Napa and San
Francisco

1. Boulevard ( San Francisco)- When we made the reservation they noted the
need for a gluten free meal in the computer. Upon arrival the host,
without prompting, said the chef was aware of our needs as was the server
and they would accomodate whatever we needed. The chef had prepped the
server on what the best menu options were as well as letting us know he
would alter anything to make it gluten free (if possible of course). The
meal was fabulous and the service immpecable. It was so nice to simply
enjoy the wonderful meal without worry. It was the best gluten free meal I
have had since being diagnosed. It is pricey but worth every penny.

2. Silverado Brewing Company ( Napa Valley, between Calistoga and St.
Helena). I spoke with the manager the morning of our reservation and upon
arrival he had already spoken with the chef and they were willing to make
any accomodations they could as well as being very aware of the cross
contamination issues. It is a great place for families and very affordable
which is hard to find in Napa Valley. The manager took care of my meal
himself in conjunction with the chef. It was a great experience.

3. Zare (Napa)- A very nice restaurant right off Highway 29 in North Napa.
They were aware of gluten free meal preparation and the meal was great.
Again, a bit pricey but very nice food. I wouldn't call it a family
restaurant but they did accomodate my gluten free 3 yr old with a bunless
burger and potatoes.

I have no financial interest in these restaurants just wanted to pass
along some very positive gluten free dining experiences.

Amy

*******
*******