From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:43:29 -0800

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the replies to how Raynaud's syndrome relates to celiac
disease.

Here they are:

Don't know the connection though i know it exists
Gail has both and takes Procardia for the Raynauds
Mark & Gail
********************
What is Raynauds syndrome? I am trying desperately to determine my sons
problem because I have no more confidence in doctors
********************
Ron Hoggan told me that, too, as I have Raynaud's syndrome. It can also be
related to hypothyroidism, which I probably have, as well.
********************
here is web page that talks a bit about this disease. Good luck to you
<http://www.efafood.com/rayndsyn.htm>http://www.efafood.com/rayndsyn.htm
*******************
<http://www.ohsu.edu/cliniweb/C14/C14.907.html>http://countrylife.net/ethno
botany/postings/21225.html
http://countrylife.net/ethnobotany/postings/21228.html
http://www.ohsu.edu/cliniweb/C14/C14.907.html scroll down to the Raynaud's
syndrome information.
********************
check the archives and this website:
<http://www.healthy.net/Library/search/medline.htm>http://www.healthy.net/L
ibrary/search/medline.htm
********************
The connection may be an indirect one. Raynaud's is a frequent
symptom of hypothyroidism. Research has shown that more than 10% of
celiacs also have thyroid problems, mainly of an autoimmune nature.
********************
I've looked for the connection, too and all I could find out is that
there is a possibility that the gene which carried Celiac Disease also
carries Reynaud's Syndrome since they are both auto immune
diseases/disorders.
********************
Since both Celiac and Raynaud's Syndrome
are a deficiency of the autoimmune system, here you will find indirect
information relating the two to the endocrine glands. I am sorry for not been
able to give you a specific page to read.
<http://www.endocrineweb.com/>http://www.endocrineweb.com/
Also, I have information of a company that supplies doctor
with information on celiac disease and it's related illnesses. I don't know if
they would be willing to send you the info since you are not a doctor but you
can try. Here is their number. 1-800-661-3198.

All the best,
Susan