Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:34:05 -0600

Dear listmates -

Most listmates who emailed sent me recipes for frosting.

These included:
Recipe #1.
1/3 cup margarine, softened
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tsp vanila
1/2 tsp salt
Add milk or sour cream or cream to make the desired consistency - but
not too much or it will be too runny.

Recipe #2
Buttercream Icing
1/2 cup solid GF vegetable shortening
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp vanille
4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
2 TB milk
Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer.  Add vanilla. Gradually
add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.  Scrape
sides and bottom of bowl often.  Add milk a little at a time, beat until
light and fluffy.
Keep covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.  Keep in refrigerator
when not in use.

Recipe #3
Use the frosting recipe on the Domino's confectioner's sugar box, and
use
McCormick vanilla.

Recipe #4 and #5
on the Authentic Foods web site:
<http://www.authentic food.com/recipes/frosting.htm>

Finally, one listmate said she has purchased Duncan Hines frosting
based on label ingredients, and never had a problem.

Thank you to everyone! I'll make a yellow cake with vanilla frosting for

our daughter's 23rd birthday.

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

Vicki