From:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 18:15:11 -0700

Hello List,

This is a post from one of our ROCK Northern Virginia/Metro DC members who is in graduate school in Indiana right now.  She's having difficulty posting to the List Serv and asked if I would post this for her.  You can read below and then please forward your replies directly to her email at [log in to unmask]

"I was diagnosed, through surgery, with endometriosis just over two weeks ago and was wondering of the correlation, if any, to celiac.  Is it possible that I don't have celiac?  My biopsies always returned negative -- I was one of the high antibodies/gluten free diet success
stories... it appears that my endometriosis was primarily on my left side - which, from my understanding is unusual and could have been causing much of my "bowel pain and cramping".  They were unable to take all of the endometriosis out because it was too close to other organs... are there any other celiacs out there with endometriosis or similar problems?  I am 25 years old and am unsure if that makes any difference... please email me at [log in to unmask] with any thoughts/suggestions/experiences.
As usual, thank you!
Jennifer"

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/experiences you can share with her.
Melonie
Northern Virginia/Metro DC ROCK Chapter

"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson