From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 19:46:11 EST

This recipe is fabulous.

Preheat oven to 275 degrees.

Grind up 2 oz of semi-sweet baking chocolate chunks.

Beat 3 large eggwhites till peaks.

Blend in 3/4 Cup sugar.

Add chocolate to egg, plus 2 tsps. cocoa powder and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Fold
gently.

Drop by tablespoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets. Optional...line
with parchment first. Don't let tops of cookies be too pointy.
Bake until done, approx. 1 hour.

Cool on cookie sheets. Remove carefully with sharp spatula.

Grind 8 oz. of semi-sweet baking chocolate chunks, or melt in microwave on
low. Add chunks or melted chocolate to 1/2 Cup heavy cream and stir till
mixed, over low heat in a saucepan. Remove from heat. Allow to cool and
thicken slightly. (Can put in refrig. for a few minutes if your kitchen is
hot.) Don't let it harden.

Use this as a filling for sandwiches made from the cookies. Refrigerate the
sandwich cookies to set.

If you drop the meringue on cookie sheets by tablespoon, you'll get alittle
more than 2 dozen sandwiches. If you use a teaspoon, you'll get about 3
dozen. I actually prefer teaspoon size. Remember, the meringue will be heaped
on the spoon. It's not like measuring a powder or liquid. I bake mine on two
large size, air-pillow type cookie sheets.

These are extremely rich! Enjoy. (And, no, I don't know how to make this
eggless or dairyfree. At least it's gf!) You'll dazzle your guests with these
and they're simple to make.

Linda