From:
Michelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 09:19:28 -0700

Thanks to all the responses, I will repost the original listing about
KFC.  It may be possible that it varies between Canada and the US.  I
called KFC customer relations in Vancouver, BC yesterday and she
informed me that the following items had wheat flour/wheat gluten in
them:
big crunch, chicken strips, hot wings, popcorn chicken, chicken fries,
macaroni salad and original recipe.  She also said the fries have a rice
flour coating, however, they are cooked in the same oil as the chicken
products.  The tender roast chicken is apparently cooked in the oven and
has no coating, (It's my guess but maybe the spices they put on have
gluten/wheat in them).  One response to my question said that their son
had been fine after eating the tender roast chicken.  Everyone said,
STAY AWAY FROM THE FRIES.

(To Debi in Alberta:  Please don't tell me that, we're moving to Calgary
from Vancouver at the end of July!)

Not much goos news here, gang.  Here's the current list they supplied me
of products that are NOT gf (note: this is only a gf list and does not
include items conaining whey):

Original Recipe
Tender Roast Chicken
Crispy Chicken
Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
BBQ Baked Beans
4" Seeded Bun (used for different sandwiches)

Missing from their list but presumed to be non-gf: biscuits

I guess the corn and coleslaw should be okay.  Keep checking with the
company to make sure of any gf status if there are any menu changes.
I'm still waiting on a list from Taco Bell (and hoping for some better
news).

Hope this helps everyone.
Michelle in Vancouver