From:
Shailavi Jain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shailavi Jain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:57:27 -0700

Thank you to all the wonderful people that took the
time to write! I now look forward to visiting
Connecticut!

Apologies that it took me so long to summerize. We
were on vacation:).

So.... the general consensus is that Connecticut is GF
friendly.

Grocery Stores:
-Whole Foods in West Hartford and Fairfield county
-In Avon, you can shop for GF items in the Garden of
Light Natural Foods store
-the southern part of the state, Hamden has a
wonderful health food store called Thyme and Season.
--The big supermarkets, like Stop and Shop, Shaw's and
Big Y, also carry a fair amount of GF items in their
health food departments.
-a Wild Oats AND a Trader Joes
- Geisslers ...which carries Walk on Water Breads from
VT deliver every Friday FRESH and DELICIOUS and gluten
free pantry items
-There is a gluten free pizza made by a member of the
Greater New Haven Celiac Groupand  sold in the local
health food stores.  The pizza is called Patricia's
Pizza and more.  The same person makes frozen cookie
logs to be baked whenever you need cookies and a
delicious italian bread

Restaurants:
Stamford (Frascati) , Rocky Hill (Elizabeth's) and Old
Saybrook (Aleia's) have restaurants with GF menus.
Also most places are very accomodating and can often
get a grilled chicken, steamed veggies and baked
potato at most diners.
Simsbury - possibly a GF pizza place

Support Groups:
Connecticut has three support group chapters that I am
aware of - one in Fairfield county, one in Hartford
and the Greater New Haven Chapter.

www.connceliac.org is one

There is also a statewide Children's Celiac Support
Group which is great for kids. ROCK

Doctors:
-great doctor at Connecticut Children's Medical
Center.  His name is Dr. Hyams.  They also have
nutritionists there that help a great deal with
celiac support