From:
Lorraine Tappen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lorraine Tappen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:25:27 -0800

I am bummed with this news since I am now CF also....

  February 23, 2006

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and express your opinions
about
Woodbridge
wines. We appreciate hearing from you!

We do not test our products for gluten.  However, to our knowledge,
they do
not
contain it.   Where one’s health is of a concern, we always recommend
that
you consult
with your physician.

Fining agents are used on a lot-by-lot basis by the winemaker to
optimize
wine quality.
Some fining agents contain proteinaceous materials.  Proteinaceous
fining
agents are used
to react with color and/or tannin molecules to make them removable by
subsequent
filtration.  Both the fining agent, the color and/or tannin it reacts
with
are removed by the
filtration process.

All of our fining agents are approved by the Alcohol & Tobacco Tax &
Trade
Bureau
(TTB, formerly the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms)

One of our standard fining agents contains Micronized potassium
casseinate
[casein is milk
protein], food grade gelatin, egg albumin and other food grade
components.

I hope the information we have provided is helpful.  We appreciate your
interest in
Woodbridge wines and hope we can look forward to serving you as a
valued
customer.

If I may be of any assistance in the future, please feel free to
contact me
at 1-800-836-9463
Ext. 67674.

Sincerely,