From:
Hanham Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:33:11 +1200

GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup soy flour
3/4 cup cornflour
1 1/4 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
150gms butter melted
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 eggs
1/2 cup mashed banana
2 tablespoons rasberry jam

FILLING
1/2 cup cream
1 tablespoon icing sugar

Grease two 23cm round sandwich pans, line bases with baking paper.

Combine vinegar and milk in a small bowl
Mixture will curdle.  Sift dry ingredients into large bowl of electric
Mixer, add butter and milk mixture, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Add
Remaining ingredients, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or until well
Combined.  Spread mixture into prepared pans, smooth tops.  Bake in a
Moderate oven for about 30 minutes.stand cakes for 5 minutes before
Turning onto wire reacks to cool sandwich cakes with filling
Filling:  Beat cream and sifted icing sugar in small bowl with rotary
beater or electric beater  until soft peaks form.

I used this recipe last week for my daughters 6th birthday with great
Sucess i used mock cream as filling and iced the top with icing .

Good luck
Lynne