From:
Rosalie Peipert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:52:53 -0400

Hi Listmates, I only got 3 replies. All 3 said not to take it unless
they called the 800 # to verify for gluten. I had no problem whatsoever
at mskcc in NYC.  I am allergic to the contrast too. I drank 24 ounces
of water to highlight the area. I did not have to retain the water like
when you take an ultrasound. It was a pelvic ct scan. Everything they
had to see, was seen. They have a new laser scanner and the test took 10
min and I knew the results two hours later when I saw my gyn. Everything
was clear since my surgery 7 mos ago. . There is only one company that
makes barium that is g/f and they did not want to order it as they said
it is as good as taking nothing. the wheat product  is what it needs to
be seen.I would not drink the Gastroview as they would not call and said
it was ok to drink water.

Rosalie