From:
Teresa Roman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:18:38 EST

My brother is currently waiting for his blood test results and meanwhile
changing his diet (just in case).  He has the following question.

I had a question about one of the things from the Celiac website food
lists.  It mentions calcium/sodium caseinate as being bad, but it looks
like the only reason is because it may contain MSG, and they list MSG as
bad but only if it's made outside the US.  Do you happen to know
anything more about this?  The reason I want to find out is that the
protein & food bars (MetRx) that I get from GNC use caseinate as part of
their protein source, and that's the only questionable ingredient.  It
would be a big plus if I knew they were OK to eat.