From:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 13:49:56 -0700

Happy Mother's Day!

One of the vendors at the recent annual GIG conference in Seattle was
Panne Rizo from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.  Panne Rizo is a
completely gluten free facility.  (The conference, by the way, was
excellent and I highly recommend you put this annual meeting on your
calendar for the first weekend in May.)

My husband and I were in Vancouver last week and we stopped at Panne
Rizo for lunch.  Incredible!  Can you imagine walking into a place
where you can eat everything you see, no questions necessary as to
ingredients?  Soup, sandwiches, pot pies, breads, rolls, pastries,
cookies, pizza, panini, and on and on.

It was heaven.  I had soup and a sandwich and purchased a few items to
take home.  My (non celiac) husband had a chicken pot pie, a bit of my
sandwich and dessert.  He kept commenting:  "These can't be gluten
free.  Are you sure this is gf?"

According to the owner of Panne Rizo, they may be opening up a shop in
the Seattle area soon.  I'll keep you posted.  I'm still marveling!

Diane - Kirkland WA

PS  Helen Aqua of this list also posted about this place a while
back...