From:
blueboar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:31:54 -0500

Hi,

I came across a celiac site today that really upset me.  It is
http://www.celiacdiseaseinfo.org  and blazoned across the page is "What on
Earth is a Celiac?"   As if we are some subhuman species!  I e-mailed them
explaining it is hard enough coping socially with our diet restrictions and
the insensitive remarks people often make, without this.   But they should
have known this as it is a site for people with celiac.

On similar lines, do you find that you are out for a meal and another guest
has said, "What on earth DO you eat?"  Before telling me in great detail:

1.     How they couldn't live without bread
2.    About a great restaurant they had been to.  All the dishes are
described in detail before they say, "Of course, you
couldn't eat any of it."

Jane