From:
Sarah LeTard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sarah LeTard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 09:47:39 -0800

I frequent a local coffee shop which carries the usual pastries and such.   The don't really have any kitchen space, so the food they carry is all made elsewhere/ packaged.  I would really like to suggest something GF for this coffee shop!  I can't think of anything  I could recommend to the shop owner that was appealing to everyone, reasonably priced (this is the hard one!), and shelf-stable for at least a day.  We did discuss yogurt, as he has a small fridge, but I myself am not a fan of yogurt, plus it just doesn't seem "right" to eat yogurt while drinking coffee.  I thought maybe some variation on a fritatta might work, but I am not sure about the cost (or being able to sell enough to make it worth the effort).  Another idea I had were those "cup of cereal" that I've seen at so many restaurants, but Ive only seen things like cheerios or frosted flakes- are there any GF alternatives in this area?  Does anyone have any ideas?

Sarah Le Tard
find, and ye shall seek