From:
Ayn Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 19:23:45 -0500

Hi All--

I had a tremendous response to my question about finding a vitamin that
contains at least 20 mg of zinc without buying it separately. Many
thanks to everyone who replied!  Ayn.

Centrum Silver

Freeda High Potency Multi-Vitamin Quintabs-M Vitamin and Mineral Supplement is
gluten free and one tablet has 7.5mg of zinc (as zinc citrate).  Available from
Freeda or from The Gluten-Free Pantry - and - Freeda recommends one
after each meal.  Their number is 1-800-777-3737.

We buy our zinc separately from Wal Mart and believe they keep us from
getting colds.  The brand is "Spring Valley," 50 mg tablets of which we
take 1/2 tablet daily.   They are fairly inexpensive especially when
considering the advantage of better health.

Mary kay vitamins are gf so is all one from a health food store

I've been using Nature Made - Century-Vite, available at K-Mart.  I just
read the label, and it says it has 15 mg of Zinc, and that is supposed
to be 100% of the daily requirement.  You might want to check the other
Nature Made multiple vitamins at your K-Mart for one with 20 mg.

(This addresses the second part of my question - does anyone know the
correct dosages for celiacs?) Could you report back to the list if
anyone responds as vitamins and dosage.  I am now taking a multi-vitamin
and well as B complex,C, D, E, calcium and iron.  I feel like a vitamin
junkie and have no idea if this is overkill or not!

(Again, a reference to the second part of my question...) Your questions
about vitamins are really justified. There is nothing in print because
the medical profession does not think that vitamin supplements are
needed.

For the zinc intake that you desire, try a combination:  Sportron's
Completetron, a multi- vitamin with 15 mg zinc in a 2 caplet dose, and
Ultragard, a super anti-oxiddant with 5 mg zinc in a 2 caplet dose.
Visit the Sportron website at www.sportron.net for additional
information.  I have been informed that their supplements are
gluten-free, but you can address your concerns to Kevin Harding,
Director of Marketing via email at "[log in to unmask]" or contact
customer service at (972)509-0304.

I highly recommend my vitamin/mineral/superfood/herb supplement: Super
Nutrition, Woman's Blend #6.  it has 30 mg zinc and is gf. It is
expensive ($35-$40/mo) but has everything you need.  You can reach Super
Nutrition at 800-262-2116.

I would like you to read about the fructose compounded vitamins
available from Melaleuca.  Their web site is http://www.melaleuca.com .

If there is a GNC vitamin store near you, then check it out.  I get the
majority of my supplements there and they are GF.

Twinlabs MEGA 6 CAPS. 30 MG of Zink in the 6 caps you are supposed to
take per day. (Check for gf status to be sure)

Get what ever vitimin you want then buy zinc separately.

Theragran-M is the multi-vitamin I use, is gf, has 15 mg of zinc.

zinc,  why not just get some over the counter zinc pills and add them to
your diet.

Vitamist spray vitamins by KareMor carries a C plus Zinc spray vitamin.

If you have trouble swallowing vitamins, this may be of help.