From:
Jane Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 09:26:10 AST

Hello everyone:

I hope I haven't asked this question before, I apology if I have.  Is
anyone having problems with the results of their thyroid tests coming
back up and down?  And if your TSH and T3's and T4's are out of whack
have you been sent to an endocrinologist?  Has anyone experienced the
fatigue, mental lethargy, weight gain that goes along with an
underactive tyhroid?  If given a medication for it what improvement
if any was noticed.    My thyroid screening is back and forth going
from underactive to borderline.   My next test is in Sept. (will be 6
months since the last one).  I have been experiencing such
fatigue,  my menstural cycles are heavy, and lately irregular  (last
one 11 days late), my hair is dry and falls out easily, and I just
want to lie down all the time.  When I do find the energy to go for a
walk etc.  I have to nap after.  And I feel no matter what I do I
can't lose wait (not that I'm heavy but I would say 12 lbs. should
come off.   I am going to insist when I see my Dr. in a few weeks that
I go see an endocrinologist.  I'm tired of spending my life in
a daze and asleep most of the time.  What's the point of living like
that???  Any one experiencing (especially females) what I've
described?   I'd appreciate hearing from you.  Thanks.

Jane
Halifax, N.S.
Canada