From:
"Robert F. Eyerman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:59:25 -0400

Dear Listmates, I posted a question last week about flu shots, yes, or no?

I had quite a few replies.  One person was concerned as they had heard that
the vaccine was grown on a wheat stem.  I told them to post this question
if they wished, as I had no knowledge of that.  Another person said that
their naturopath doesn't recommend the shots as there are many strains of
viruses in them and they are bad for weakened immune systems.  A person
could get a virus that attacks the body.  This poster uses homopathic flu
medicine before the flu season for a limited time and then once during mid
winter.

  Everyone else who posted me was very positive about getting the vaccine.
Many of them said that they had gotten them for years with no ill effects.
The only one reported was a sore arm.  Several people said that their
doctors recommended them particularly for people with weakened immune
systems, as the flu can be very dangerous for them.

  I am not advocating either way, as I am not a medical professional, but
just wanted to share my findings with you.  Best wishes everyone, Karen
from Central NY, USA